27 May 2013

W1FB DC Receiver experiments 4

This evening I connected a BCI filter that I have on hand, in the antenna path to my DC receiver. This is a unit I purchased a number of years ago from Industrial Communication Engineers. Model 402X.

The spec as follows:

BCB filter.  1.8Mhz - 30Mhz

50 Ohms, Non-Polar

Non DC Passive

Power capability is 300Watts.

The filter completely eliminated the BCI. Gone 100%.

This tells me that the BCI is entering through the front-end.

I can tell it is AM broadcast since the interference it is non tunable. A very loud Portuguese speaking station this evening.

I may consider building a BCB filter for my field project. However this will take up real estate and will need some kind of shielding to work properly.

BCB Filter from Industrial Communications engineers.

No comments:

Post a Comment