30 June 2013

AWA CW net Saturday June 29th

The net on Saturday was particularly good. Band conditions were the best we have heard for some time. All station were 599+ including Derek ZS5DM who is usually an S point or two down. The exception was ZS1JX Peter who I copied 589. However given that he is in Cape Town this was a very good report. Peter also gave me a 579 on my QRP signal which was really pleasing. Peter came back for a round using 100mW QRPp. Amazingly Andy, Barrie and myself could hear Peter's signal just at noise level. He was a good 449. Helping Peter was the fact that he has a great antenna system. I copied a Vee Beam for his transmitter and beverages for his receiver. Very FB and I hope we will copy Peter again. Stations reporting into the net included:

ZS0AWA / ZS6ADY - Andy, Benoni net control
ZS1AJX - Peter, Worcester
ZS6AJY - Barrie, Benoni
ZS6JBJ - John, Witbank
ZS6RSH/QRP, Dick, Fourways
ZS5DM - Derek, Kloof, KZN



No comments:

Post a Comment