05 June 2013

Dullstroom N Drakensberg

We were invited by our friends to accompany them to their fishing syndicate near Dullstroom. Great fun was had by all including an opportunity to try out hand at some fly fishing in the beautiful Lunsklip river. We also enjoyed some walks in the vicinity including a visit to a waterfall where the Lunsklip cascades down the escarpment to the valley below.

I deployed my usual field station including my K2. I was able to erect my EFHW from the farm house verandah to some eucalyptus trees. The wire was in the clear and up about 25ft in the center.

Condx on 40m were not as good as they have been. I received mainly 559 reports except from ZS6JBJ OM John in Witbank. I was able to copy all stations on the AWA net including the two ZS5 stations. All 599+.  I also had three SSB QSO's  including ZS4SF and ZS6AJY which was most enjoyable as a change.

Lunsklip river


Pete and Berry

Looking down at least 1000ft at the escarpment far below

Farmhouse. Over 100yrs old. Ghosts there were!



No comments:

Post a Comment